Vigilance & Anti-Corruption Bureau is the main Government Organisation to fight corruption among public servants. The Kerala Government vide G.O. MS No.525/64/Home dated 21..12..1964 ordered the formation of a separate Department replacing X-Branch of Police unit as Vigilance Division under the administrative control of a Director.
The Bureau conducts Investigation/Enquiries into the following types of allegations involving Government Servants and Public Servants including those working in the Public sector undertakings of the State Government.
- Criminal misconduct of Public Servants as defined in PC Act 1988.
- Dishonest or improper conduct or abuse of power by Public Servants.
- Gross dereliction of duty or negligence.
- Misappropriation of public funds involving more than Rs. 50,000/-
- Amassment of wealth disproportionate to the known sources of income.
- Misuse of Public money or property.
- Preventive vigilance actions and activities.
Besides conducting investigation into Vigilance Cases, the Bureau also conducts Vigilance Enquiries, Confidential Verifications and Surprise Checks. The Bureau also collects intelligence report about corrupt officials and maintains dossiers on them
Shri. Pinarayi Vijayan
| Office of the Chief Minister |
3rd Floor, North Block, Secretariat,
Tel: 0471 – 2333241
FAX: 0471 – 2333489
Residence: 0471 – 2314853, 2318406
|Department|| Vigilance,Secretariat |
|Additional Chief Secretary|| Dr. Vishwas Mehta IAS |
Room No. 357(A) & 358
Tel: 0471- 2333174/2518455
Fax: 0471- 2327395
|Vigilance and Anti- Corruption Bureau|| |
Vigilance and Anti- Corruption BureauPMG, Thiruvananthapuram
Tel: 0471- 2303220, 2303854
Fax: 0471- 2305033
The Vigilance & Anti-Corruption Bureau is headed by the Director who is of the rank of Director General of Police. The Director is to be assisted by four Officers of the rank of Additional Director General of Police to Deputy Inspector General of Police. In addition to the above, a Superintendent of Police is also posted in the Directorate, for assisting the Director in administrative matters. He is also the head of the intelligence unit in the Headquarter.
(i) Ranges:- There are four Ranges, each headed by a Superintendent of Police with territorial jurisdiction, located at Thiruvananthapuram, Kottayam, Ernakulam and Kozhikode.
(ii) Districts:- Each range comprises of a number of Revenue districts. In each of the 14 Revenue Districts, there is a Vigilance Unit headed by a Deputy Superintendent of Police.
(iii) Special Units: - In addition to the above, there are six Special Units. These are the three Special Cells located at Thiruvananthapuram, Ernakulam and Kozhikkode, two Special Investigation Units (I&II) at Thiruvananthapuram, one Special Investigation Team to investigate Brahmapuram Diesel Power Plant (BDPP) cases at Ernakulam. The three Special Cells and two Special Investigation Units are headed by Superintendents of Police. The Special Investigation Team at Ernakulam, which is constituted for the investigation of the Vigilance Case regarding the irregularities in the implementation of Brahmapuram Diesel Power Plant, is headed by Deputy Superintendent of Police and the Headquarters of the team is at Ernakulam. The team is now under the administrative control of Superintendent of Police, Vigilance and Anti-Corruption Bureau, Special Cell, Ernakulam.
(iv) Research Analysis and Enforcement Wing:- A Research Analysis and Enforcement Wing is functioning in the Directorate to assist the field Officers in technical matters connected with Enquiries/Investigations undertaken by this Bureau. The wing consists of One Executive Engineer (Civil), One Assistant Executive Engineer (Civil), One Executive Engineer (Mechanical) and one Accounts Officer (Audit). All these Officers are taken on deputation basis.
(v) Legal Wing:- This Bureau has its own Legal Wing to conduct the prosecution of Cases in the four Special Courts and to attend to the work in the two Vigilance Tribunals on behalf of the State.The legal wing consists of one Legal Adviser at Thiruvananthapuram and six Additional Legal Advisers having headquarters at Thiruvananthapuram, Kottayam, Thrissur, and Kozhikkode.The Legal Wing also furnishes legal opinion in Enquiries/Investigations undertaken by this Bureau.
(vi) Intelligence Branch: - An Intelligence Branch headed by Superintendent of Police (Int.) is functioning in the Directorate to collect, collate and analyse intelligence about corrupt officials. In each Range also there are Intellignece wing under the Superintendents of Police.
ENQUIRY BY THE VIGILANCE TRIBUNALS
1. All India Service (I.A.S.& I.P.S)
2. Home Department (Police, Vigilance, Fire-Force, Jail etc)
3. Taxes Department (Kerala State Financial Enterprises, Lottery, Excise,Registration, Agricultural Income Tax and Sales Tax etc.)
4. Transport Department (Motor Vehicle, KSRTC, Water Transport etc.)
5. Housing Department.
1. Education (General Education, Higher Education, and Technical) Universities, Printing and Stationery, Sports and Youth Affairs etc.
2. Food and Civil Supplies.
3. Agriculture (Including Soil Conservation, Kerala State Coconut Development Corporation etc.)
4. Animal Husbandary, Dairy Development, Meat Products of India etc.
5. Industries Department, Industries & Commerce, Mining and Geology etc.
2. Allegations relating to Health and Family Welfare Department (Health, Medical Education, Drugs Control, Indigenous Medicine, Ayurveda Colleges, Homoeopathy etc.)
3. Fisheries and Ports department, Environment Department.
4. The Kerala Lok Ayukta,
5. Vigilance Tribunals.
6. Establishment papers relating to Enquiry Commissioner & Special Judges.
7. Special Attorney, Kerala Lok Ayukta.
1. Finance Department (Local Fund Audit, Treasury, Kerala Financial Corporation, State Insurance Department etc.)
2. Labour Department (Including Factories and Boilers, Employment and Training, ESI etc)
3. Law Department (Including Law Officers, Advocate General's Office etc.)
4. Planning and Economic Affairs Department.
5. SC/ST Development Department.
6. Water Resources Department (Water Authority, Ground Water, Irrigation Department etc.)
7. Power Department (Kerala State Electricity Board, Electrical Inspectorate, ANERT etc.)
8. Local Self Government Department (Panchayat, Municipalities, Corporations, KILA etc.)
9. Science and Technology and Environment Department.
11. Social Welfare Department.
2. Allegations relating to Revenue (Land Revenue, Legal Metrology, Devaswom Survey and land Records etc.)
3. Secretariat including PRD, Law Department and Finance Department.
4. Cultural Affairs Department, Personnel and Administrative Reforms Department, IMG etc.
5. Miscellaneous papers of Department.
6. Forest and Wild life Department.
7. Local Self Government (Rural Development) Department.
8. Public works Department.
9. Tourism Department.
10.Preparation of Guidelines collection of Statistical data.
12.General Review of the Department.
13.Monitoring Reports of Certificate regarding property statement.
|No.||Department Sections||Phone No.|
ADDRESS DATA BASE OF OFFICES OF VIGILANCE & ANTI-CORRUPTION BUREAU.
|SL. NO.||NAME OF OFFICE||PLACE NAME||DISTRICT||TELEPHONE NO./ FAX NUMBER|
|1||Office of the Director, Vigilance & Anti-Corruption Bureau.||PMG, Vikas Bhavan (P.O.), Opposite KSRTC Depot.||Thiruvananthapuram||0471-2305393 Fax No. 0471 - 305033 Mob: 9447500050|
|2||Office of the Superintendent of Police, Vigilance & Anti-Corruption Bureau, Special Investigation Unit-I, Thiruvananthapuram.||Poojappura(P.O.)||Thiruvananthapuram||0471- 2346252 Fax No. 0471-2346686 Mob: 9447500020|
|3||Office of the Supdt. of Police, Special Investigation Unit-II, Thiruvananthapuram||Kunchalummoodu, Karamana(P.O.)||Thiruvananthapuram||0471-2340054|
|4||Office of the Superintendent of Police, Vigilance & Anti-Corruption Bureau, Southern Range, Thiruvananthapuram.||Thekkummodu||Thiruvananthapuram||0471- 2304118 Fax No. 0471-2304118 Mob:9447500022|
|5||Office of the Superintendent of Police, Vigilance & Anti-Corruption Bureau, Special Cell, Thiruvananthapuram.||Adarsh Nagar, Thekkummoodu||Thiruvananthapuram||0471- 2559730 Fax No. 0471-2559730 Mob: 9447500011|
|6||Office of the Superintendent of Police, Vigilance & Anti-Corruption Bureau, Eastern Range, Kottayam.||Muttambalam, Kottayam Municipality||Kottayam||0481- 2585504 Fax No. 0481- 2585504 Mob: 9447500030|
|7||Office of the Superintendent of Police, Vigilance & Anti-Corruption Bureau, Central Range, Ernakulam.||Kathrikkadavu||Ernakulam||0484- 2402044 Fax No.0484- 2402044 Mob: 9447500040|
|8||Office of the Superintendent of Police, Vigilance & Anti-Corruption Bureau, Special Cell, Ernakulam.||Kathrikkadavu||Ernakulam||0484- 2330122 Fax No. 0484- 2330122 Mob: 9447500033|
|9||Office of the Superintendent of Police, Vigilance & Anti-Corruption Bureau, Northern Range, Kozhikode.||Thondayad||Kozhikode||0495-2383128 Fax No.0495-2383128 Mob: 9447500055|
|10||Office of the Superintendent of Police, Vigilance & Anti-Corruption Bureau, Special Cell, Kozhikode.||Thondayad||Kozhikode||0495-2766824 Fax No. 0495-2766824 Mob: 9447500044|
|11||Office of the Deputy Superintendent of Police, Vigilance & Anti-Corruption Bureau, Thiruvananthapuram Unit.||Thekkummodu||Thiruvananthapuram||0471-2304119 Mob: 9447582421|
|12||Office of the Deputy Superintendent of Police, Vigilance & Anti-Corruption Bureau, Kollam Unit.||Cutcherry Junction||Kollam||0474 - 2795092 Mob: 9447582422|
|13||Office of the Deputy Superintendent of Police, Vigilance & Anti-Corruption Bureau, Pathanamthitta Unit.||Pathanamthitta||Pathanamthitta||0468 - 2223270 Mob: 9447582423|
|14||Office of the Deputy Superintendent of Police, Vigilance & Anti-Corruption Bureau, Idukki Unit.||Muttom||Idukki||0486- 2222727 Mob: 9447582428|
|15||Office of the Deputy Superintendent of Police, Vigilance & Anti-Corruption Bureau, Alappuzha Unit.||Vazhicherry||Alappuzha||0477 - 2246016 Mob: 9447582427|
|16||Office of the Deputy Superintendent of Police, Vigilance & Anti-Corruption Bureau, Kottayam Unit.||Muttambalam, Kottayam Municipality||Kottayam||0481 - 2585144 Mob: 9447582426|
|17||Office of the Deputy Superintendent of Police, Vigilance Anti-Corruption Bureau, Ernakulam Unit.||Kathrikkadavu||Ernakulam||0484 - 2400010 Mob: 9447582431|
|18||Office of the Deputy Superintendent of Police, Vigilance & Anti-Corruption Bureau, Palakkad Unit.||Erummakkara Street near Kaliyan Tourist Home, GB Road.||Palakkad||0491 - 2548510 Mob: 9447582435|
|19||Office of the Deputy Superintendent of Police, Vigilance & Anti-Corruption Bureau, Thrissur Unit.||Shornur Road, Thrissur.||Thrissur||0487 - 2334200 Mob: 9447582434|
|20||Office of the Deputy Superintendent of Police, Vigilance & Anti-Corruption Bureau, Malappuram Unit.||Kottappady||Malappuram||0483 - 2734910 Mob: 9447582439|
|21||Office of the Deputy Superintendent of Police, Vigilance & Anti-Corruption Bureau, Wayanad Unit.||Meenangadi||Wayanad||04936 - 247310 Mob: 9447582441|
|22||Office of the Deputy Superintendent of Police, Vigilance & Anti-Corruption Bureau, Kozhikode Unit.||Thondayad||Kozhikode||0495 - 2382034 Mob: 9447582438|
|23||Office of the Deputy Superintendent of Police, Vigilance & Anti-Corruption Bureau, Kannur Unit.||Thavakkara||Kannur||0497 - 2707778 Mob: 9447582440|
|24||Office of the Deputy Superintendent of Police, Vigilance & Anti-Corruption Bureau, Kasaragod Unit.||Vidhyanagar Muttathode Village.||Kasaragod||04994 - 255889 Mob: 9447582422|
|25||Office of the Legal Advisor, Vigilance & Anti-Corruption Bureau, Thiruvananthapuram.||Court Complex, Vanchiyoor||Thiruvananthapuram||0471-2462092|
|26||Office of the Additional Legal Advisor, Vigilance & Anti-Corruption Bureau, Kottayam||Muttambalam, Kottayam Municipality||Kottayam||0471-2462092|
|27||Office of the Legal Advisor-I, Vigilance & Anti-Corruption Bureau, Kozhikode.||AGRoad||Kozhikode||0471-2462092|
|28||Office of the Legal Advisor-II, Vigilance & Anti-Corruption Bureau, Kozhikode.||AGRoad||Kozhikode||0471-2462092|
|29||Office of the Legal Advisor, Vigilance & Anti-Corruption Bureau, Thrissur||Shornur Road, Thrissur.||Thrissur||0487-2327273|