The Planning and Economic Affairs Department is a secretariat department. The main objectives of the department include Formulation of Annual Plan and Five year plans, Plan Implementation Monitoring of Plan Schemes, Monitoring of Sub Plan for SC/STs, Economic and Financial policy issues including Centre and State financial relations, National Development Council and its Committees, Examination of Schemes, Projects to be included in plans, Multi level Planning State, District, Block and Local Levels, Rendering advice on State Plan Schemes and CSS of all Secretariat departments, Meeting of the working Groups for different Departments, Monitoring of Member of Parliament Local Area Development Schemes and Monitoring of Twenty Point Programmes.
Planning and Economic Affairs Department has administrative control over three line departments:
Department of Economics and Statistics(www.ecostat.kerala.gov.in)
The Directorate of Economics & Statistics, Government of Kerala is the nodal agency for collection, compilation, analysis of statistics relating to various sectors of Kerala Economy. Major Divisions relate to Agriculture, Economic Census, ASI, IIP, Labour, Housing, Cost of Cultivation, NSS, VS, Sample Registration, Prices, State Income, Computer Division.
Kerala State Land Use Board
Planning at grass root level aims at inclusive, participatory and co-ordinated approach in decentralized manner for local area development to ensure that each Panchayat or local body is treated as a planning unit. In the present day context of watershed based action plans for MNREGS and other development activities, LSGIs are to be equipped with better and scientific management of the land and its resources at grass root level in the planning process. Land Resources Information System (LRIS) is a web based GIS project implemented by Kerala State Land Use Board, with the technical assistance of IIITM-K.
State Planning Board
Kerala State Planning Board (KSPB) is an advisory board under the Kerala Government. The KSPB was constituted for the first time in September 1967 with Chief Minister as Chairman and a non-official as part time Vice-Chairman. Apart from Minister for Finance and Chief Secretary to the Government, there were three full time members. The Director, Bureau of Economics and Statistics, was Member Secretary. The Board was formed with a view to enable the State Government to formulate development plans based on a scientific assessment of the resources of the State in the one hand and the growth priorities on the other. The Board was also entrusted with the task of bringing out a comprehensive economic review report of the state every year. The term of the Board is customarily five years analogous with the term of the ruling Government. Since 1967 the Board has been reconstituted 15 times. The Board, through its expertise, facilitates good planning and better implementation of development schemes/ projects in the State.
Shri. Pinarayi Vijayan
Office of the Chief Minister 3rd Floor, North Block, Secretariat, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala PIN- 695001 Tel: 0471 – 2333241 FAX: 0471 – 2333489 E-mail: email@example.com Residence: 0471 – 2314853, 2318406 Website: www.keralacm.gov.in
Planning & Economic Affairs 5th Floor,Annex Building Secretariat,Thiruvananthapuram
Dr. Venu V. IAS
Room No. 364
Main Block, Secretariat
• Formulation of Annual Plan and Five year plans • Decentralized Planning (People's Campaign) • Economic and Financial policy issues including Centre and State financial relations • National Development Council and its Committees. • Examinations of Schemes, Projects to be included in plans. • Integration of Physical, Economic, Social and Environmental Planning. • Plan Resources and Mobilization. • Multi level Planning State, District, Block and Local Levels. • Man power and Employment Planning. • Rendering advice on State Plan Schemes and CSS of all Secretariat departments. • Establishment matters relating to Planning and Economic Affairs Department • Government of India communication on Centrally Sponsored Schemes. • Meeting of the Special Working Groups for different Departments. • Budget and related papers received from Finance Department.
• Scheme of the Department of Economics and Statistics, State Planning Board, Kerala State Land Use Board & Kerala State Remote Sensing and Environment Centre. • Establishment papers relating to Kerala State Land Use Board & Kerala State Remote Sensing and Environment Centre. • Establishment papers and schemes relating to the State Board. • Establishments papers relating to the Gazetted Officers of the Department of Economics and Statistics and Special Rules of that department • Miscellaneous papers relating to Department of Economics and Statistics, State Planning Board, Kerala State Land Use Board & Kerala State Remote Sensing and Environment Centre.
• Fixation of rent of private buildings taken for office use of Department of Economics and Statistics. • Miscellaneous papers of the Planning and Economic Affairs Department • Consolidation of Monthly Business Statements in Planning & Economic Affairs Department. • NIC Reimbursement of Electricity charges / Rent etc. • Establishment relating to the Non Gazetted staff of Department of Economics and Statistics. • Compassionate Employment Scheme pertaining to Department of Economics & Statistics • Consolidation of L.A. Interpellation pertaining to the departments under the administrative control of Planning and Economic Affairs Department
• Western Ghats Development Programme. • Centre for Development Studies. • Grant - in - Aid to Research and Development Institutions under Western Ghats Development Programme.
• All papers relating to Institutional Finance. • Inter Institutional Group (II G) and other miscellaneous papers relating to Banking. • NABARD Assistance. • Review of progress on credit plans and other statistical reports. • Banking- general and policy matters. • Disposal of uneconomic vehicles. • Regional consultative committee meeting of District Consultative Committee Meeting and District Level Review • Committee meeting for Banking Development and Follow up action. • Periodicals- quarterly, half yearly, progress reports on credit plans and other statistical reports. • Inter institutional group related to banks • State Level Co-ordination Committee. • State Level Bankers Committee. • Credit Plan review State Re-organisation papers. • Fixation of non - plan Grants to Universities.
• Monitoring of L.A. Interpellations. • L.A. Assurance / Legislature Committees/ Sub Committee, PAC etc. • Consolidation of L.A. Interpellations. • Other miscellaneous papers. • Papers relating to Audit Monitoring Committee and Apex Committee. • Papers relating to Right to Information Act
• Monitoring the implementation of the Plan schemes and review of Plan progress at various levels. • Review and State level administration of the MPLAD Schemes. • Co-ordination and reporting of 20 Point Programme (TPP). • Scrutiny and compilation of progress reports on implementation of Plan Schemes. • Maintenance of Vehicles, Computers, Photo copying machine and other equipments installed in the department. • Establishment matters of the staff in the CPMU Section. • District Development Councils and its committee and related papers • Monitoring the progress of implementation of ACA / Special Priority Projects, Flagship Programmes, • Demand Driven Projects • Review of progress of implementation of Externally Aided Projects. • Papers relating to Inter State Councils • Economic Stimulus Package- Coordination & Review. • Monitoring the progress of implementation of PPP projects. • Updating of Block Level Statistics.
• Quarterly Review of representation of SCs/STs in State PSUs. • Preparation of panel for appointment for Chief Executive & Functional Directors in State PSUs. • Holding Review Committee meeting annual, to review the representation of SCs/STs in State PSU's • Chairmanship of Chief Minister, and follow up action. • Advice to administrative departments regarding the representation of SCs/STs in PSUs • To render advice on matter relating to: • New investment proposals of Public Sector Undertakings and make appropriate recommendations. • Release of budgetary funds and funds from other sources released through Government to PSUs. • Re-organisation of PSUs relating to production, finance, marketing, personnel etc. • Recruitment and management of personnel in PSUs including maintenance of a common management cadre • appointments to key managerial posts, wage and bonus settlements. • Monitoring performance of PSUs and taking corrective measures. • Public Enterprises and allied matters.
Activities of Western Ghats Cell • Consolidation and recommendation of projects and Annual action plan based on the approval of DLCC. • Communication of district wise fund release under integrated development of watersheds by Planning &Economic Affairs (F) Department. • Entrusted to spearhead all HADA (State & RIDF) projects subsequent to termination of HADA from 07.08.2017. • Revamping of HADA-NABARD-RIDF damaged projects during flood 2018. • Development of degraded forest lands through "Participatory Forest Management Programmes" on watershed. • Administrative support and linkage with districts–District Planning Officer, Agricultural Officer, Panchayat Raj institutions. • Funding of Research and development projects tasked with applied research to promote eco-restoration and eco-preservation of Western Ghats region. • Monitoring and evaluation through inspections to verify that the released funds under WGDP, HADA (State and RIDF), R&D are being well utilized and transparently spent. • Consolidation of all WGDP activities through ′project tracking software′ solely designed for apt monitoring of activities throughout the state.