Minority Welfare Page
Shri. K. T. Jaleel
Minister for Local Self Governments, Welfare of Minorities, Wakf and Haj Pilgrimage
Shri. A. Shahjahan IAS
Department of Minority Welfare
Room No. 346
Ph: 0471-2335311, 2517058
Sri. P.M. Ali Asgar Pasha IAS
Directorate of Minority Welfare,
About the department
As a part of implementing Justice Rajindar Sachar Committee Report and Paloli Muhammed Kutty Committee report, a Minority Cell was constituted under General Administration Department in 2008. Subsequently a Minority Welfare Department was constituted in the State. This department is the nodal agency of the schemes implemented by the Central and State governments. The Directorate of Minority Welfare Department is located in Thiruvananthapuram.
Functions and Activities of the Department
Monitoring and Evaluation of:
i. Activities of the minority cells attached to the all District collectorates in Kerala. These cells are constituted for co-ordinating the Minority Welfare activities in each district.
ii. Distribution of Muslim girls scholarship, hostel stipend etc.
iii. Kerala State Madrassa Teachers Welfare fund.
iv. Coaching Centres in the State started for free coaching to minority youths for the competitive examinations conducted by the Union Public Service Commission, Kerala Public Service Commission, Banking Service Recruitment Boards, Railway Recruitment Board and other agencies.
v. Prime Ministers new 15th point programme.
vi. Execution and monitoring of the multi-sectoral Development Programme (MSDP), a Central scheme being implemented in Wayanad district and Ponnani Town in Kerala.
Vii. State Minority Commission.
viii. Process of Information of Kerala State Minority Finance Development Corporation.
ix. Implementation and supervision of all future activities in connection with the welfare of minority communities.
1. Scholarship and hostel stipend for Muslim girls and Prof. Joseph Mudasseri Scholarship.
2. Coaching Centres for Minorities
3. Kerala Madrassa Teachers Welfare Scheme
4. Imbichibava Housing Scheme.
5. Multi-sectoral Development Programme (MSDP)
6. Monitoring of Prime Ministers 15 point programme.
7. Career Guidance Programme for Minority Students.
8. Scholarship for undergoing courses in pursuit of CA/ICWA/CS.
9. Skill Training reimbursement of fees to the Minority BPL Students studying in two year courses.
10. Water Supply Scheme in Minority concentrated areas.
11. Share Capital for the KSMDFC.
Work distribution under General Administration (Minority Welfare) Department
Phone: 0471- 2517019
1. All papers related to the Sachar Commission report on Minorities.
2. Papers related to the Prime Minister's New 15 Point Programme.
3. Papers related to the Minority Concentration District .
4. All papers in connection with the Minorities except that of Linguistic Minorities in the State.
Ministry of Minority Affairs
Maulana Azad Education Foundation
Ministry of Minority Affairs, Govt. of India
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment