General Administration Page
Shri. Pinarayi Vijayan
Chief Minister of Kerala
Office of the Chief Minister
3rd Floor, North Block, Secretariat,
Tel: 0471 – 2333241
FAX: 0471 – 2333489
Residence: 0471 – 2314853, 2318406
|General Administration Department|| 2nd Floor, North Block |
Shri. Biswanath Sinha IAS
Room No. 264
South Block, Secretariat
Ph: 0471- 2336602, 2518444
Smt. Sumana N. Menon IAS
Secretary, Sainik Welfare
Room No. 373
Main Block, Secretariat
The organisational and functional details of Secretariat (as stated above) is generally applicable to General Administration Department also. The General Administration Department is functioning under the control of the Secretary. The work of the Department is distributed among 39 Sections assigned with specific subjects.
Secretary is holding the charge of following Sections of General Administration Department, dealing with the subjects mentioned below: -
1. Accounts Sections (Accounts A, B, C, D, E, Budget Wing G, H, J, K, M, N, P & R)
Deals with the matters connected with the salary and other personal claims of the staff including personal staff of Ministers and Leader of Opposition, Cash and contingent expenditure of Secretariat. Other bills pertaining to the Office expenses of Secretariat are also dealt by the Accounts Sections.
2. Services Sections (Services A, C, E, H Special A, Special B, Special C and Special E)
Deals with the establishment matters of Secretariat Employees including the Officers of All India Services.
3. Services D
Deals with the appointment under Sports quota appointment in Government Service, State and All India Civil Services Tournament, Papers related with the welfare of minorities.
4. Secretariat Central Library
Deals with the purchase and distribution of books, dailies and magazines among staff members.
5. CMPGR Cell
Deals with the petitions received by Chief Minister from individuals, Organisations, MLAs etc.
6. House Keeping Cell A&B
Deals with the allotment of rooms, furniture, telephones and such other basic necessities for the functioning of the Office of the Ministers, Secretaries and Sections in the Secretariat.
Deals with the preparation of Government Diary, Calendar, List of Holidays, Declaration of Local Holidays, MP's conference, Annual conference of District Collectors and Head of Departments, Papers related with Kerala State Information Commission and V.J.T Hall.
Deals with visits of High Dignitaries, State Guests, Foreign VIPs, Protocol, Hospitality Rules, Warrant of Precedence, Republic Day/ Independent Day Celebrations, Swearing-in ceremonies of Ministers, Allocation of portfolios, Death of High Dignitaries.
9. Parliament Section
Deals with LA Interpellation, Compilation of important orders issued in General Administration Department.
10. Secret Section
Deals with awards under Jeevan Raksha Pathak, General papers on strike, Departmental Promotion Committee for the preparation of Select list, Conducting UPSC and SSC Examinations, Rules of Business of Government of Kerala.
11. Compassionate Employment Cell
Deals with allotment of vacancies in general categories post from general pool for appointment under Compassionate Employment Scheme.
12. Secretary- Sainik Welfare
Deals with welfare of servicing soldiers and Ex-servicemen, Department of Sainik welfare, Chief Ministers Sainik Welfare Funds, Flag Code, State Emblem, Papers on Kerala State Ex-servicemen Department and Rehabilitation Corporation, Employment assistance to department of Defence personnel killed/disabled/missing in action.
The Secretary is holding the charge of following section in General Administration Department.
(1) Freedom Fighters Pension A&B
Deals with the papers under SSS Pension Scheme, Kerala Freedom Fighters Pension Scheme and award of Tamrapathras to freedom fighters.
(2) Employment Cell A & B
Deals with the papers on special recruitment of SCs/STs and review of progress. Advice on matters related to special recruitment.
(3) Secretariat Records
Deals with the receipt and issue of records requisitioned by the Departments, Preservation of valuable records.
(4) Administration Report
Deals with annual Administration Reports of individual Departments.
Strictly Confidential Section:
General Administration (Strictly Confidential) Department
Phone : 0471- 2518531
1. Appointment of High Court Judges.
2. Cabinet papers. (Preparation of agenda, draft proceedings)
3. Monitoring of Cabinet decisions and follow up actions on time limit cases, including SC and HC judgments received directly in the GA (SC) Department.
4. Kerala State Departmental Security Instructions
5. Maintenance of Annual Confidential Reports of All India Service Officers (IAS, IPS, IFS)
6. Maintenance of Annual Property Returns in respect of All India Service Officers (IAS, IPS, IFS)
7. Convening of screening committee and Preparation of panel of All India Service Officers (IAS, IPS, IFS) for Promotion to various grades.
8. Departmental Promotion Committee Meetings for selection to the post of Deputy Secretary and above in the Secretariat including Law and Finance Departments.
9. Cipher Bureau.
10. Recommendations for "Padma Awards"
11. Maintenance of Property Returns of Officers in the Secretariat of and above the rank of Joint Secretaries.
Computer cell deals ideas, spark of govt .secretariat.
Those persons who participated in the approved national movements and endured sufferings as described below are eligible to apply for the pension.
- 1-had undergone imprisonment for not less than six months or (for not less than 3 months for SC/ST candidate for S.SOS Pension
- 2-had been kept under detention as interned in his home/externed from his district (including detention as trial prisoner) for not less than six months; or (Explanation period of normal remission upto one month will be treated
- 3-as part of actual imprisonment)
- 4-was killed in actions; or
- 5-was sentenced to death; or
- 6-died due to police or military firing or lathi charge or
- 6-lost his, her job or means of livelihood or the whole or substantial part of his/her property/confiscation or sold out his/her property or
- 7-became permanently incapacitated due to such participation or effected with grave disease for life
- 8-had remained underground for more than six months consequent of warrant for arrest having been issued against him
THE LIST OF APPROVED MOVEMENTS IN KERALA STATE
1. Civil Disobedience Movement
2. Quit India Movement
3. I.N.A. Volunteers
4. Royal Indian Navy Mutiny
5. Malabar Rebellion*
6. Goa Liberation Movement
7. Mahe Liberation Movement
8. Punnapra- Vayalar Agitation*
9. M.S.P. Strike of 1946*
10. Cochin Police Strike of 1972
11. Karivallur Agitation*
12. Kavumbai Agitation*
13. Kayyur Agitation*
14. Malappattam Agitation
15. Kuttamkulam agitation
16. Chengannur Riot Case
17. Kadakkal Riot*
18. Kallara-Pangode Case*
19. Aaron Mill Strike- Pappinisseri
20. Chethuthozhilali Strike at Anthikad
21. Koothali Strike
22. Teachers Struggle in Malabar
23. Vaikom Sathyagraha
24. Anti-Imperialistic Procession on 12.12.1946 at Kankole
25. Vattiyurkave Conference*
26. Anti-Independent Travancore Movement that took place during 1946-47*
27. Morazha Struggle
The* Marked movements are approved by Govt. of India for S.S.S pension scheme, usually applicable in Kerala
- The jail certificates of certifiers should be accompanied with the certificates produced by the applicants.
- To prove abscondance sufferings, the abscondance certificate should be submitted and that should be supported by the jail records of the certifier, who had imprisonment sufferings not less than 2 years.
- To prove imprisonment two certificates is necessary from co-prisoners, who should be persons who suffered imprisonment not less than 1 year.
- To prove other kind of sufferings the applicant should produce required documentary evidence issued by competent authorities.
Achievements in the Scheme
- Approximately 9728 beneficiaries under the scheme are being paid pension.
- An amount of Rs.3000/- per month is being paid as State Pension.
- Other facilities given are:-
(b) An amount of Rs.3000/- is being paid for the funeral ceremony of the freedom fighter.
(c) Free travel facility has been given by the KSRTC in all its buses to the freedom fighters and their widows.
(d) In the event of the declaration of the Golden Jubilee Celebration of the Freedom of India a free financially
assisted housing scheme has been introduced by the Kerala State Housing Board.
(e) Free medical aid is being given in Government hospitals on the basis of a ˜Medical Card issued for the
purpose.Reimbursement facility on account of the expenses incurred on the purchase of medicines
(at Govt. rates)is being allowed. Reimbursement facility for the treatment made at the Sree Chithira
Thirunal Institute of Medical Sciences, Thiruvananthapuram is also available.
(f) The Kerala State Electricity Board provides out of turn priority for the electricity connection for residential
purposes to the freedom fighters and their widows.
(g) The Department of Telecom provides one telephone connection under Non OYT/SWS category (subject to
feasibility) to the freedom fighter or their widows
|General Administration (Accounts A)||Ph-2518704|
GAD( Budget Wing)
|GA (Administration Report) Department||2518534|
| GAD(Secretariat central |
|CM's Public Grievance Redressal Cell||2338430/2518939/2518940/2518040|
|Chief Secretary's Petition Cell||2518368|
|GAD (Employment Cell-A)||2518138|
|GAD (Employment Cell-B)||2518799|
| GAD Freedom Fighter's Department |
|GADFreedom Fighter's Department Pension- B||2517163|
|House Keeping Cell|
|GAD(Sainik Department )||2518644|
|General Administration (Service-A)||2518450|
|General Administration (Service-C)||2518462|
|General Administration (Service-D)||2518544|
|General Administration (Service-E)||2518543|
|General Administration (Service-H)||2518742|
|General Administration (Special-A)||2518645|
|GAD Secret Section Department||2327553/2518399|
|GAD Strictly Confidential Department||2518531|
| GAD Compassionate Employment Cell |
| GAD Computer cell |
| GAD C.R.Cell |
|GAD Minority Welfare Department||2517019|
|GAD Office Section -I||2518440|
|Office Section -II||2518731|
|Secretary, General Administration Department|| |
Room No. 640
South Block, Secretariat
Ph-0471- 2518444, 2336602
|Secretary, Sainik Welfare|| |
Room No. 379
Main Block, Secretariat
|Additional Secretary|| 0471-2327563 |
|General Administration Special (A&C ) Department||www.gadsplais.kerala.gov.in|
|GAD/ Kerala House, New Delhi Registration Site||www.gadpolitical.kerala.gov.in|
|Department of Information and Public Relations||www.prd.kerala.gov.in|
|Chief Minister of Kerala||www.keralacm.gov.in|
|Department of Finance, Government of Kerala||www.finance.kerala.gov.in|
|Kerala Commercial Taxes||www.keralataxes.gov.in|
|Jana Samparka Paripadi||www.jsp.kerala.gov.in|