Dr. T.M Thomas Isaac
Minister for Finance and Coir
Room No. 131, 2nd Floor,
North Block, Secretariat
Phone: 0471-2333294 & 2333254
|Finance Department|| |
First Floor Main Block
Shri. Manoj Joshi IAS
Principal Secretary- Finance
Ph-91 471 2327586, 2518292
Fax: 0471 2326990
Dr. Sharmila Mary Joseph IAS
Secretary- Finance (Expenditure)
Room No. 392
Main Block, Secretariat
Ph-0471- 2326436, 2518695
Shri. Minhaj Alam IAS
Secretary- Finance (Resource)
Ph: 0471- 2331161, 2518058
Room No. 389
Main Block, Secretariat
|Website||www.finance.kerala.gov.inExternal website which opens in a new window|
|GO INDEX 2016|
| CIRCULAR INDEX 2016 |
External website which opens in a new window
|Anomaly Rectification Orders 2009|
|Third Kerala Public Expenditure Review Committee-First Report 2010-2011|
As part of the modernization of administration, in 1871, Col. Munro and Her Highness Rani Lakshmi Bai framed some of the major departments of the Secretariat like Finance, Revenue, Police etc. (The Secretariat came to be known as Government Secretariat from 25th August 1949 by virtue of Circular no. M3-5412/49/CS). Since its formation in 1871, Finance Department plays a major role in governance.
The State Government aims at enhancing fiscal stability through enhanced revenue receipts. The Government stands for more governmental intervention and enhanced governmental expenditure. Expenditure contraction is not its policy or mission. The Government aims at increasing Gross State Domestic Product ratio to 14 percent in 2010-11. It aims at eliminating revenue deficit by 2010-11. Liquidity management of this Government is commendable.
The State has not entered into overdraft even for a single day during the financial year 2008-09. Other major achievements include E-based tax administration; Streamlining of procedures; Greater devaluation of fiscal powers through transparency in procedures; Fiscal autonomy to deserving Public Sector Undertakings; More financial powers to Administrative Secretariats and Directorates; Modernisation and transparency.
Major functions of the Finance Department include the following:
- Framing of rules regulating the pay, leave and pension of persons in the service of the Government and rules regulating the number, gradings or cadre and emoluments of posts under the Government and also be responsible for seeing that these rules are properly applied.
- Finance Department is responsible for all matters relative to financial procedure and the application of the principles of sound finance
- Advise on the financial aspect of all transactions relating to loans granted by the Government.
- Safety and proper employment of Famine Relief Fund and other special funds, if any, and for the administration of Provident Funds, Deposits and Advances.
- Examine and report on all proposals for the imposition, increase, reduction or abolition of taxes, duties, cesses or fees.
- Examine and report on all proposals for borrowing or giving of a guarantee by the Government and raise such loans as have been duly authorised, Finance Department shall be in charge of all matters relating to the service of loans or the discharge of guarantees.
- Ensure that proper financial rules are framed for the guidance of other departments and that suitable accounts, including commercial accounts, whatever necessary, are maintained by other departments and establishments subordinate to them.
- Prepare an estimate of the total receipts and disbursements of the State in each year and watching the state of the Government's balances and for their ways and means operations.
- Preparation of Budgets and supplementary estimates.
- Advise departments responsible for the collection of revenue regarding the progress of collection and methods of collection employed.
|SECTIONS IN FINANCE DEPARTMENT|
|Section Name||Contact (Prefix 0471)|
Finance Main Hall,First Floor,Main Block,Govt.Secretariat
|Administration A||2333620, 2518320|
|Cash Counter||2337794, 2518382|
|Budget Hall, First Floor, Main Block, Govt. Secretariat|
|BDS & GB|
|Near Budget Hall,First Floor,Main Block,Govt.Secretariat|
|Secret Section||2333928, 2518372|
|Development Hall,First Floor,Main Block,Govt.Secretariat|
|Grant-in-Aid Monitoring Cell||2517184|
|Health & Labour A||2517198|
|Health & Labour B||2518777|
|PAC - A||2518064|
|PAC - B|
|PSA & Information||2518812|
|Ways and Means||2518865|
|Industries & PW A||2517129|
|Industries & PW B||2518834|
|Nodal Centre A||2518141|
|Nodal Centre B||2518141|
|Nodal Centre C||2518141|
|Revenue Monitoring Cell||2517047|
|Pensioners' Welfare Cell||2518017|
|Ground Floor,Rear Wing,Main Block,Govt.Secretariat|
|Old Legislature Library Hall, Main Block, Govt. Secretariat|
|Fourth Floor,Canteen Complex,Government Secretariat|
|Housing Board Building|
|Group Insurance Scheme||2737903|
|Internal Audit Cell A||2737916|
|Internal Audit Cell B|
|India Heights,IV Floor,Opp.Women's College,Vazhuthacaud|
|SBT Employees Union Building,Pulimood,Thiruvananthapuram|
|Inspection Technical Wing||2462828|
|Near Secretariat Computer Training Centre|
Centre for Training in Financial Management,DPC Building,Kerala University Office Campus, Palayam,Thiruvananthapuram
DPC Building,Kerala University Office Campus, Palayam,Thiruvananthapuram
|Development Hall, First Floor, Main Block, Govt. Secretariat|
|Office Section (Accommodation)||2518339|
|Office Section (Stationery)||2518339|
|Office Section (New Tappal)||2517125|
|Office Section (Tappal)||2517176|
|Office Section (Des patch)||2518840|
|Office Section (Records)||2518901|
|State Finance Commission||www.sfc.kerala.gov.in|
|The Official website of Chief Minister of Kerala||www.keralacm.gov.in|
|Government Of India Website||www.india.gov.in|
|Kerala State Treasuries||www.treasury.kerala.gov.in|
|Kerala Commerical Taxes||www.keralataxes.gov.in|
|Kerala State Lotteries||www.keralalotteries.com|
|Kerala State Financial Enterprise LTD||www.ksfe.com|
|Kerala Financial Corporation||www.kfc.org|
|Local Fund Audit Department||www.lfa.kerala.gov.in|
|Kerala State Insurance Department||www.insurance.kerala.gov.in|