Shri. Pinarayi Vijayan
Chief Minister of Kerala
Office of the Chief Minister
3rd Floor, North Block, Secretariat,
Tel: 0471 – 2333241
FAX: 0471 – 2333489
Residence: 0471 – 2314853, 2318406
|Environment Department|| |
South Sandwich Block
|Department of Environment & Climate Change|| |
Department of Environment & Climate Change (DoECC)
|Director, DoECC|| |
Phone: 0471 2742264(off)
The Kerala State Pollution Control Board and the Kerala State Biodiversity Boards comes under the administrative control of this Department. Various activities for pollution control and biodiversity conservation are carried out through the Boards. An Environment management Agency was also formed vide GO (Ms) No. 5/2007/Envt. dated 28.07./07 for strengthening the Department and for coordinating activities related to environment carried out by various Departments.
Subjects allotted to Environment Department
1. All matters relating to environment and allied matters dealt with by the nodal department
2. Administration of Biodiversity Act and Rules, Kerala State Biodiversity Board and allied matters
3. Administration of all acts relating to Environmental Protection
4. Environment awareness creation, ecoclubs and allied matters
5. Kerala State Pollution Control Board
6. Climate change and allied matters
7. River conservation Programmes
8. Environmental awards
9. Environmental research and Development
10.Environment Information System
11.Administrative Control of the Kerala Coastal Zone Management Authority
12.Environment management Agency
13.Water Appellate Authority
Reference:(1) G.O. (Ms)No.64/2006/GAD dated 16.02.06
(2) G.O. (Ms)No.279/2006/GAD dated 27.10.06
(3) G.O. (Ms)No.336/2007/GAD dated 02.07.07
Department of Environment and Climate Change
Address Devikripa, Pallimukku
Address Pattom. P. O.,
Kerala State Biodiversity Board
Address L-14, Jai Nagar, Medical College P.O, Thiruvananthapuram - 695 011
An Environment Management Agency was also formed vide G.O(Ms)No.5/2007/Envt dated 28.07.07 for strengthening the Department and for coordinating activities related to environment carried out by various Departments.
The following are some of the major schemes being implemented by the Environment Department.
2.Eco Restoration of Wetlands
3.Environmental Research & Development
4.Environmental Education & Training
5.Air & Water Quality Monitoring
6.Environment Impact Assessment
1. All maters relating to Environment and allied matters.
2. Kerala State Biodiversity Board and Administration of Biodiversity Act
and Rules and allied matters.
3. Administration of all Acts relating to Environmental Protection.
4. Environmental awareness creation, Eco-clubs and allied matters.
5. Kerala State Pollution Control Board.
6. Climate change and allied matters.
7. River Conservation programmes.
8. Environmental Awards.
9. Environmental Research and Development.
10.Environment Information System.
11.Administrative Control of Kerala Coastal Zone Management Authority.
12.Water Appellete Authority.
|Ph: 0471 2333990, 2518030|
|Ph: 0471 2517245|
Two sections are functioning under the Department with following officials:
|Section (A&B)Officers -2||Ph: 0471 2518996 (A), 2517273 (B)|
|Confidential Assistant -1|
Reference: G.O.(Ms) No.168/2006/GAD dated 19.06.06
|Department of Environment & Climate Change||www.envt.kerala.gov.in|
|Kerala State Pollution Control Board||www.keralapcb.org|
|Kerala State Biodiversity Board||www.keralabiodiversity.org|
|Kerala State Council for Science ,Technology & Enivornment||www.kscste.kerala.gov.in|
|Centre for Water Resources Development and Management (CWRDM)||www.cwrdm.org|
|Official Website of Troplical Botanic Garden& Research Institute Kerala||www.tbgri.in|