In this scheme, compensation shall be given to victims for treatment, housing, destruction of crops, education, income generating activities and rape cases. Victims include dependants (sons/ daughters/ parents/ minor / sisters/ brothers) of victims expired. The annual income of vicitm shall not exceed Rs. 24,000/-.Applicant shall be a native resident of kerala and has to produce income certificate from the village officer.

Treatment shall be in central/state government hospital. However, in deserving cases treatment in private hospitals in rural areas where the facilities of government hospitals are not available shall also be included in the scheme.


Compensation shall be on the basis of the medical certificate issued.No compensation shall be given for road/motor accidents.If the surviving victims are children, the amount of compensation will be deposited in a bank till they acquire majority.



Maximum amount of compensation shall be Rs. 10,000/-. However, in deserving cases, committee of officers formed for the purpose headed by the District Collector will decide the amount to be granted. Compensation shall be provided to victims for the following:

  • Treatment- Treatment charges include entire treatment charges ie., medicine, equipments, hospital charges etc.
  • Housing- Compensation shall be decided on the basis of the certificate issued by the Tahsildar after assessing the damage caused to the building
  • Destruction of Crops- Compensation shall be decided on the basis of the certificate from the Agriculture Officer
  • Education- Government shall meet all expenses till the child completes XII std. For SC/ST/OBC students admission shall be given in Govt hostels and for others admission shall be given in JJ Homes.
  • Income Generating Activities- Assistance shall be provided through linkage with financial institutions
  • Rape Cases- In rape cases minor, adult and married woman shall be also given treatment. In this case, children and adults shall be treated as one group and compensation provided during this year. The cases of widow/divorcees shall be taken up during next financial year.

Those eligible person/persons for compensation shall submit the application to the District Probation Officer concerned with medical certificate, income certificate and copy of crime (FIR) report. District Probation Officer shall conduct an enquiry on the application and submit the same to the District Committee for Victim Rehabilitation with his recommendation. The Committee shall decide the amount of compensation in each case and record the same in the application...read more

The scheme is intended to rehabilitate the dependents of the indigent convicts. It aims to assist/encourage resourceless wives, unemployed and unmarried sons, daughters etc.



  • Major children if they are students and women having children are included in this scheme. Able bodied single women will not be included in this scheme.



  • The maximum amount of financial assistance to a family will be Rs.10,000 at a time. This is a loan-linked scheme.
  • 30% of loan subject to a maximum of Rs. 10,000/- will be given as subsidy from the Government for the loan they avail from Banks, Kerala State Women's Development Corporation, Kerala State Backward Classes Development Corporation, Kerala State Development Corporation for SCs/STs etc.


Eligibility criteria:

  • Families of such convicts who had undergone imprisonment for a period of 7 years or above are eligible for financial assistance.
  • The families are eligible for the assistance only during the period of imprisonment of the convict.
  • The total family income of the convict should not exceed Rs. 24,000/- a year
  • The dependents of the convict who have crime records other than the undergoing one are not eligible for financial assistance under the scheme.
  • Financial assistance shall be given only once for the dependents of a prisoner for the purpose.
  • The financial assistance will be provided to those eligible persons who have not availed the amount for the same purpose previously.


How to Avail:

  • The application for starting self-employment should accompany the details of the project to be started with the financial assistance and a recommendation letter by the concerned ward members/councilor.
  • Financial assistance for the purpose will be sanctioned only for the viable projects. Since the amount is given as subsidy, the beneficiary has to avail a bank loan for the proposed project first and produce sanction letter from bank to avail the subsidy amount as per the scheme.
  • After assessing the amount required, the District Probation Officers concerned shall communicate it to the Director of Social Justice. The amount will be distributed in the form of Demand Draft by the concerned District Probation Officers...read more