| Comprehensive Health Insurance Agency of Kerala (CHIAK) || Comprehensive Health Insurance Agency of Kerala |
Tel: 0471 2334457
Fax: 0471 - 2325535
[for all districts]
1800 233 56 91 (Toll free)
| Website || www.chiak.org |
Comprehensive Health Insurance Agency of Kerala (CHIAK) , a nodal agency is constituted for the implementation of the RSBY-CHIS health insurance schemes in Kerala. Labour and Rehabilitation Department is the nodal department for the implementation of the scheme. The department works in collaboration with Health & Family Welfare Department and Local Self Government Department.
The main objectives of CHIAK are:
1. To provide health insurance cover to the workers and their families in the unorganized sector under the ‘Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana'(RSBY) announced by the Central Government;
2. To provide health insurance cover to all sections of the society under the ‘Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme' (CHIS) announced by the State Government.
3. To identify, formulate, implement and support implementation of all projects aimed at the welfare of workers in Kerala;
4. To identify and negotiate with consultants of repute for implementation of any project of the Central Government or the State Government towards minimizing heavy expenditure on medical care and hospitalization of the citizens which is a major insecurity leading to their poverty;
5. To provide technical, financial or other assistance for the formulation of programmes meant for social security to workers;
6. To co-ordinate with various Departments and agencies of the Central or State Government, Financial Institutions, Health Insurance Providers, Health Service Providers, Cooperatives or Non Governmental Organisations (NGOs) for implementation of any project meant for the welfare of workers;
7. To undertake or sponsor training programmes, seminars, workshops etc to create awareness of the various schemes available to the community; and
8. To do such other things as may be incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objects.