Kerala State Cashew Development Corporation Ltd.
The Kerala State Cashew Development Corporation Ltd, was incorporated in July 1969 and started Commercial activities in the year 1971 as a company fully owned by the Government of Kerala. From the modest beginning in 1969 Corporation has now grown into a large organization playing a pivotal role in cashew industry in the world. Corporation has now more than a turn over of Rs. 100 crores.
Now KSCDC is running 30 cashew factories all over the Kerala State. In these factories more than 20000 workers and 1500 staff members are working. Corporation is a model employer in the field of cashew industry mainly to protect the interest of workers and to provide maximum employment to its workers and to give statutory benefits like minimum wages, bonus, etc. prevaling in the cashew industry.
To increase the production of indigeneous raw nuts cashew corporation has started cashew plantation in the State. Corporation has also introduced four value added cashew products in the market.
The Corporation is running 30 factories throughout the state:
1. Factory No.1, Kottiyam (Kollam District)
2. Facatory No. 2, Kilikolloor (Kollam District)
3. Factory No. 4, Kayamkulam (Alappuzha District)
4. Factory No. 5, Mynagappallay (Kollam District)
5. Factory No. 6, Ayathil (Kollam District)
6. Factory No. 7, Nooranad (Alappuzha District)
7. Factory No. 8, Puthoor (Kollam District)
8. Factoy No. 9, Kilimannoor (Thiruvananthapuram District)
9. Factory No. 10, Irinjalakuda (Thrissur District)
10. Factory No. 11, Edamulakkal (Kollam District)
11. Factory No. 12, Chathannoor (Kollam District)
12. Factory No. 13, Thalassery (Kannur District)
13. Factory No. 14, Bharanikkavu (Kollam District)
14. Factory No. 15, Chittumala (Kollam District)
15. Factory No. 16, Adinad (Kollam District)
16. Factory No. 17, Kannanalloor (Kollam District)
17. Factory No. 18, Meikone (Kollam District)
18. Factory No. 20, Elampalloor (Kollam District)
19. Factory No. 21, Palkulangara (Kollam District)
20. Factory No. 22, Nedumpaikulam (Kollam District)
21. Factory No. 24, Karimulakkal (Alappuzha District)
22. Factory No. 26, Thettikkuzhy (Kollam District)
23. Factoy No. 27, Eravipuram (Kollam District)
24. Factory No. 28, Parippally (Kollam District)
25. actory No. 29, Paruthumpara (Kollam District)
26. Factory No. 30, Kunnathoor (Kollam District)
27. Factory No. 31, Kallumthazham (Kollam District)
28. Factory No. 32, Kanjamkadu (Kollam District)
29. Factory No. 33, Kadakkal (Kollam District)
30. Factory No. 34, Chengamanad (Kollam District)
Product & Services
The Kerala State Cashew Development Corporation Limited locally purchase and import raw cashewnuts and export the kernels in large quantities. 80% of our sale is by way of export. Indian Grade Kernels, Rejection Grade Kernels, Cashew Shell, Cashew skin, Shell Oil etc. are the by-products of raw cashew nut.
The Kerala State Cashew Development Corporation Limited, has a capacity to process 150 MT of raw cashew nuts per day.